mercoledì 16 novembre 2011

Churches- Alexa

Lately, Churches have been my thing. Every time I walk by a Church with open doors, I have to go inside, and every time I am blown away. This past week i've been to about five or six and they each have their own personal charm to them, all quite similar but at the same time unique in their own way. I'm having a hard time choosing which pictures I want to post, so I'll just put up all of my favorites.

I took this in the Campidoglio, the church was called Santa Maria in Araceli.
I also have a thing for chandeliers, and this one was so gorgeous. This is taken in the same church as above, and what I loved so much was these chandeliers lined the entire altar. There has to be 20 or so of them hanging above the altar, and it's beautiful. 

This was taken at Basilica Di San Pietro in Vincoli, which is near the Colosseum. This is a photos of the exact chains that Saint Peter was brought to prison in. They are on display at this church, and what blows my mind is how anybody could walk by that church and not know what lies inside. My friend and I were blown away when we saw these.

I took this picture in a church which name I unfortunately don't remember. After a while they all start to blend together. But I love how not one flame isn't perfectly upright. It was as if there wasn't any wind for that one second when I took the shot. 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento