lunedì 31 ottobre 2011

My Photobook - Daantje

As of last wednesday I received my new lens, so I had a field day with my camera. So hereby a new page in my photobook:

During a lazy stroll through Rome, I entered a photography exhibition almost unaware. The photographs showed images of abondened asylums. Scattered throughout the shots were pieces of brick, broke furniture and surely many memories of that what was here a long time ago. An artist once told me as a child that art is one of the most significant traces of a time gone by. With this extrodinary exhibition in mind, I set out to make a photograph that reminded me of the striking eeriness and absence of human life of the photographs I saw. This was the result. 


"attending"; a photograph of a child that dared to sit up front by herself, whilst the orchestra played the most lovely cascades of music. 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento