giovedì 6 ottobre 2011

Ugo Mulas 2-sarahlynn


After researching more of Mulas' life, I became fascinated into his relationship to Pop Art. In fact, the picture above features Andy Warhol and one of his superstars Edie Sedgwick. Being fond of Pop Art, I appreciate Mulas' effort to provide the link from the pop artists to the public.



Another one of my favorite pop artists, Roy Lichtenstein, is creatively portrayed by Mulas. I really like how Mulas reverses the role of painter and character by portraying Lichtenstein in a way that he appears to be a character in one of his paintings.

Both photos are aligned with the following quote by Mulas,
"When photographing a painter, I often try a chance to come out from the photo that is the record, I also try to avoid the usual portrait, beautiful picture, because I'm interested in is to give an idea of the character in relation to the result of his work, ie to understand which of his ways and attitudes is crucial for the final result. "

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento